Thursday, July 19, 2012

In response to your email : Ms Mari Frager's comment on her blog HEARUS

Mr. Sands - I am sorry to upset you. 
The petition was submitted about two weeks ago, when it was at 185 signatures.
I continue to gather signatures, because most people are just now becoming aware of it and they are very unhappy.
It is clear that several very vocal people have weighed in on this issue and have a difference of opinion on HOW the slab should have been stopped.
What I find interesting is that regardless of what are thoughts are we ALL agree on one thing - 
that concrete slab doesn't belong on Evergreen.
I don't regret starting the HEAR US blogs - and I did not "slap" Keith down - I spoke to him honestly. 
I appreciate Keith's efforts - and yours too.
When DPW presented their design - they said it was "that or nothing" - most people I spoke to said "no thanks" - even the folks who wanted a path that is not made of concrete! 
I'm sorry that my inexperience in these matters is leading you (and several others) to blame me for the sidewalk. 
I blame myself, that is why I have to see it through to the end.
  
I made a promise to my dying father - to make sure that the Safe Routes funding does not go to this project, because it was awarded on false pretenses and should go back to the state Safe Routes fund. 
My father was a veteran and he served in the military and always exercised his right to vote. 

I know that negative sentiment is growing against the school - I feel empathy for the parents - so I have to at least try until every effort for a "multiple victory" is exhausted.

Will you please help me make a drawing? 
From: Charles Sands 
Date: July 19, 2012 9:34:16 AM PDT
Subject: Ms Mari Frager's comment  on her blog  HEARUS 

Bcc: Homestead neighbors and MHS carpet baggers
Ms Tamburo/Mack/Frager aka Mari which is frienlier than Ms. Doe.
Evergreen Ave. folks looked to you for leadership for 2 years. What did they get ?
You "slapped" down Keith for offering alternatives but offered no community sidewalk opposition leadership to replace his opiniions except verbal "pabulum" and "platitudes" in HEARUS and a blog petition that remains UNSUBMITTED although MHS's sidewalk is nearly complete.
Since 2003 Kinsey has heard from and ignored his Homestead Valley constituents as he supports every wish of MHS as they rent County property from MV School District.
All they asked was if he supported Marin Horizon School Corporation Inc.'s expansion was that MHS  be required to comply with the mandatory requirements of County ordinances 24.04.350 a) and 24.04.340 p) and accommodate all of MHS's parking and passenger drop off and pick-up requirements on site AND BUS OR VAN ALL K - 8 GRADE STUDENTS to avoid the traffic their chauffeurs would create.
Kinsey did not require MHS to comply with the mandatory requirements of County ordinances 24.04.350 a) and 24.04.340 p) as in Marin "ALL ARE  EQUAL EXCEPT MHS IS  MORE EQUAL 
Kinsey didn't require MHS' compliance. with the mandatory requirements of County ordinances 24.04.350 a) and 24.04.340 p) as it would have cost to much for MHS to comply and then MV School District would lose out on the rental revenue.
Unlike you, I could care less about increasing my blog readership.
Blogging serves no usefull purpose other than to increase one's  egotistical sense of self worth brought about reading one's words in print.
EMAILING KINSEY WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE USEFUL  BUT WOULD HAVE HAD NO EFFECT ON OR HAVE  CHANGED HIS MHS SUPPORT  GIVEN MHS' FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES WITH PARENTS UNHAPPY THAT THEIR CHILDREN ARE REQUIRED BY MHS TO TAKE TURNS WALKING TO SCHOOL IN ORDER FOR MHS TO COMPLY WITH IT USE PERMIT.  IT IS IN KINSEY'S AND MV SCHOOL DISTRICT'S INTEREST THAT MHS SUCEEDS FINANCIALLY IN ORDER TO KEEP  MHS' HE RENT FLOWING.
MHS COULD HAVE FURNISHED A $36,000 CHEVROLET 8 PASSENGER VAN BUT OPTED TO SAVE  ITS  BOTTOM LINE BY CONNING SR2S TO FUND DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF MHS SIDEWALK.
  Your blog HEARUS has simply furnished MHS INC's sidewalk supporters with a public venue to insult and silence Evergreen Ave and Homestead Valley folks and obviously did not impress or sway Kinsey from supporting MHS since 1993.
AND WHAT HAS YOUR HEARUS  ACHIEVED ??????????????
TAKE A WALK ON EVERGREEN AND MELROSE AND LOOK AT THE PRODUCT OF HEARUS'  blogging.
Homestead neighbors and MHS carpet baggers.

Charles Sands
charlessands@aol.com

No comments: